Integrated Professional Learning Services
This service is designed to provide high quality, job-embedded, sustained and data driven professional development for teaching staff in the component districts. The Professional Development Specialist assigned to your district will offer comprehensive, integrated and customized professional development to meet your district and building goals. Instructional development services, data, curriculum and assessment services as well as technology integration services will ALL be options for your district through this integrated service. District leadership in collaboration with the professional development provider will prioritize needs, establish outcomes and design sustained job-embedded learning opportunities that are aligned with state and national professional development standards.
Possible Outcomes for On-Site Professional Learning:
- Technology Integration: Teachers may develop carefully planned lessons that use technology to enhance student learning, create opportunities for assessment and increase productivity. These lessons will align with initial goals.
- Data Analysis: Using state assessment data, student work data, and perceptions data can assist in targeted planning for school improvement.
- Curriculum Projects: Curriculum mapping or unit and lesson design with follow up evidence in student work can assists districts in measuring what is getting taught and learned.
- Instructional Design: All teachers can benefit from feedback and reflection. Engaging students with rich, relevant and aligned learning experiences that are aligned to the standards will maximize learning.
- Classroom Management: New teachers can benefit from support and feedback on establishing and enforcing rules and procedures in their classrooms.
- New Teachers: New teachers can benefit from expert mentoring in instructional design, literacy, technology integration, formative assessment and goal setting.