Career and Technical Support Program
The purpose of the CTS Program is to provide support in preparation for post school employment to students with disabilities and students at risk. Through participation in community experiences and vocational classes at the Area Occupational Center, the CTS students are given the opportunity to learn and work with other students and adults. The integration of our students provides a greater sense of confidence, while developing and expanding vocational interests and skills.
The scope of services provided includes the following:
CTS teachers and teacher aides support students in both community settings and in vocational classes to:
- Provide hands-on assessment and evaluation.
- Assess specific job skills and general work behaviors.
- Consult with community site supervisors.
- Meet testing accommodations in the vocational classes as per the studentís IEP.
- Pre-teach and provide review and homework support.
- Prepare vocational assessments for each student.
- Update their transition plans each school year.